Soil tests are required to assess the subsurface conditions (expected movement of the foundation soils) and therefore enable design of appropriate foundations.
Typical classification may include:
- CLASS ‘A’ – Little or no ground movement
- CLASS ‘S’ – Slightly reactive sites
- CLASS ‘M’ – Moderately reactive sites
- CLASS ‘H’ – Highly reactive sites
- CLASS ‘E’ – Extremely reactive sites
- CLASS ‘P’ – Problem site
A design specific to your soil classification is required so that you have many years of trouble free use of your installation.